Burkevale Protestant Separate School is Ontario’s last remaining Protestant separate school and is the only school in the Penetanguishene Protestant Separate School Board
. It is located in Penetanguishene
on the corner of Peel and Burke Street. The original two story, red brick building was built in the year 1882 for a cost of $3500. A two story addition was added in 1909-1910. The building was torn down in June 1965 to make way for the current Burkevale Protestant Separate School.
The current school has a population of 236 students in classes from kindergarten to grade 8 and a staff of 30 (2016). The school’s mascot is a bulldog and its motto is “Striving for Excellence”. The school is well-known for its state of the art education, technology, full music program, and great athletic teams. The current principal is Mrs. Julia McLaren.